Monday, April 19, 2010

Clever cooking


I am loving this book at the moment.....
Unfortunately I have to return this copy to the library but I have had it long enough to be convinced about going and buying my own copy.

It is full of clever recipes that help load easy meals with lots of hidden extras and still make them tasty as ever. The title implies that it is only for little eaters but I have tried a number of the recipes on the whole family and big and small we agreed that they were winners.
Here is one of the things I tried and remembered to photograph....

Muscle Power Balls
2/3 cup Dried Apricots
1/2 cup Pitted Dates
1 cup Sultanas
4 Tablespoon Boiling Water
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 1/2 cups of Dessicated Coconut
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence

Place the dried apricots, dates and sultanas into a food processor and pulse until finally chopped.
Add the boiling water and leave fruit to soak for 10 mins or so.
Add the ground almonds, 1/2 a cup of the coconut and the vanilla essence and blend until it forms a firm paste.
Roll the mixture into small balls and coat in remaining coconut. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
Other recipes I have tried and we have loved...
Beef Sausages
Chicken Nuggets
Easy chicken Snags
Tricky Pumpkin Soup

You can pick this up at your local ABC Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...