* The pure joy on the face of a boy who now loves being 10
* A class birthday hat to wear all day at school
* Impromptu afternoon tea with cousins
* Sneaky surprises
* The reaction to a big boy present
* Birthday phone calls to answer and e-cards to open
* Indulging the birthday boy in his choice of dinner....and the power that they love that comes with the choice.
* Brand new released movies in time for a birthday outing
* The happiness with "mum packed treats" to take to the movie
* Cheap movie tickets that allowed us to take all his mates
* The fun of a "nerf gun" war that invaded a fair bit of our street
* The simplest of cakes, perfect for an ice cream lover.
* Not being too teary that our baby is now 10
#1048 A little relieved that birthday season is over for our three....for another year.