Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pumpkin Scones

I thought because I had made this so often I had shared....I was wrong, so here goes.....last night I had a church meeting and my favourite thing to take for supper is....
Pumpkin Scones with a slight diference.......
Unfortunately this was all that remained when I took the photo...

2 cups of self raising flour
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup of cold cooked pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
 1 tablespoon hot water
a pinch of salt

Cream butter and sugar with hot water. Add the egg and beat well. Add the pumpkin, then the flour and salt. If too stiff, moisten with a little milk. Roll out, cut into shapes and bake in a fairly hot oven for 10 mins.....
As found in my mum's CWA cookbook


BUT 
It is quite a sticky mixture so I forget the rolling into the shapes bit and drop it whole onto a tray and cook as a damper mound.
When cooked we slice and lather with butter and consume while warm.
MMMMMMM


Cam shared her recipe for pumpkin bread recipe here...


1 comment:

  1. It's nearly one thirty and I haven't had lunch yet..the picture of your pumpkin damper drizzled with butter is almost too much to bear..so I'm going on my lunch break now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...