Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Fruits

The best part of growing your own vegies is the last days deciding whether or not they are ready for picking.
We have a fine crop of carrots and tomatoes in one of our raised beds....
there has been much discussion over when is a carrot ready for picking?
I was sure that you had to wait for them to push their way to the surface and when the orange top came through you picked..... we did debate, as someone in the family was a little less patient....

But finally they are beginning to be ready for harvest...one by one...bunch by bunch....and yes they are busting through the surface.......


Honeyed carrots are delicious when they are straight from the garden.

1 comment:

  1. What a lush garden Bron :) My parents alway grew their own produce and I well remember the succulent taste of vegies straight from the garden.

    Green thumb I am not.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...