A little visit with family for afternoon tea required something yummy to eat...
a bit close to dinner and lots of children to share with, I thought I would try this light, possibly healthy, new to me recipe......
Peaches and Cream Muffins
You will need:
1 cup rolled oats
250ml Sour Cream
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup tinned peaches in natural juice, well drained and roughly chopped.......
1. Preheat oven to 180C and grease your muffin tray.
2. Combine the oats and three quarters of the sour cream and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
3. Sieve flour, baking powder,bicarb and salt in separate bowl.
4. In separate bowl, whisk together the egg, oil and sugar.
5. To the wet ingredients add the oat/sour cream mixture and mix well. Mix in the dry ingredients and the reserved sour cream. Finally lightly fold in through peaches.
6.Spoon tablespoons of mixture into muffin tray.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean.
They were very moist when first out of the tins...but once cooled they firmed up nicely and were snaffled up very quickly.
I found the recipe here at Christie's place.