Monday, August 27, 2012

Today....

 
 
Today would have been the perfect day for you to come for a cuppa......
 
I was home all day..
Without a car even....
 
Well except when I walked Fraser to school and stayed for a bit to change the readers...
 
oh then I walked to the shops to pick up some shower cleaner...
 
But then I was home....
 
I baked some Raspberry Coconut Slice from my Woman's Weekly cookbook - one of the first cookbooks I ever owned....
 
I had a cuppa in the quiet and thought about the week ahead...
 
Thought about a nephew that is coming to stay for a few days...
and the forty hour famine being tackled on the weekend....
 
about the arrangements that need to be made for Fathers Day celebrations
 
about the Fathers Day craft for playgroup this week....
 
I pondered and added to my growing list for the "Sort It"  attempt I will make in September....
 
 
I even put fresh sheets on our bed and did a few loads of washing....
I wiped all the finger marks off the french doors ...
 
and set a new loaf of bread in the bread machine.....
 
did a little blog hopping and sent an email or two....
 
Gave some thought to dinner and what may grace our table.
 
read a few pages from the latest book I am reading....
 
Monday needed to be a day to think through the rest of the week...
 
but I would have put the kettle on again if I knew you were coming.....
 
Maybe next time.
xx
 
 


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely productive day, days like that are wonderful. Oh and I LOVE the look of your raspberry & coconut slice, takes me right back to childhood...must whip one of those up sometime soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful post Bron! Love reading your blog. It's like slowing down for a moment to appreciate something meaningful and lovely. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...