Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Treasure Chest Finds No.5

I come from a long line of very proficient knitters......even my two sisters have the knitting gene.....

Not so much me....I can knit and purl a scarf....or granny square  crochet....that is the extent..

So this week's show and tell from my glory box/hope chest is the one and only jumper that I have ever completed........
my mum encouraged me to knit it and was with me for every stitch dropped and knitted.....

 Looking at all the piling on the jumper I wore this lots.....It was before I was married....so at least 25 years ago.....strange shape and large but still ...I knitted it!!   

I am thinking it is time to give it up , find a new home for this beauty..... 


 Also found .....my poncho made in lovely pure wool...knitted by my mum when I was a tween maybe 11 ish...oh too many years ago to remember....
She was a fast and fancy knitter....could knit talk and watch TV at the same time.

Would have something started and finished in the blink of an eye....

This may be a sentimental keeper.....


AN UPDATE....

"Mum ? who's is this jumper......Can I have it?...I really like big and baggy????"

Sure Meg.....she laughed when I told her the story and asked whether I was ever that shape??

Hmmmm 
Looks like it is hanging around a little longer.   


You can see my other Treasure Chest Finds here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...