Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Cardboard Box

 Have you ever had to do it.....who am I kidding everyone must have...and I am sure there are some of you who have done it a few times and now see it as no big deal.....

I am talking about bringing home the cardboard box...or boxes as is the case in this house.

The cardboard box containing a huge assortment of things representing a life lived in an office away from home....

I was to discover in the boxes that have been brought home this week....







* Half of my diminished cutlery drawer
* Mugs that I haven't  seen for a very long time
* Bowls and cereal canisters
* A meercat or two {don't ask!}
*Photo frames with favourite family photos displayed
* Nerf Guns and a full quota of ammunition - one can only guess how much fun was had at the office......

* and the biggest collection of randomness


I have only ever had to do this ritual once in my life....way way way back in 1993 when I finished my teaching job of five years....

So I can only try and imagine what it has meant for these boxes to come home after twenty....but our family mantra is onwards to new adventures......

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow the end has come and to top it off a change to your hours maybe this is semi retirement. Hope you all transition quickly
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get your cutlery back! Lots of other stuff though that I am sure you wondered why on earth it came home at all! Have fun sorting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...