Monday, January 17, 2011

Baking for a cause

If I lived in a neighbouring suburb of Brisbane or any flood affected area I would bake some
Banana and Choc Chip Tea Bread....for the volunteers or those hard at work with the clean up.....

1 3/4 cups Wholemeal self-raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup of choc chips


Grease loaf pan and line with baking paper. Sift flour and soda into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add combined eggs,banana,oil, honey and choc chips. Stir with a wooden spoon until ingredients are well combined, but don't over mix. Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake in 180 degrees for 40 mins.


or maybe some

Anzac Cookies


1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup coconut
125g ( 4oz) butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp boiling water


Combine oats. sifted flour,sugar and coconut. Combine butter and syrup, stir over gentle heat until melted. Mix soda with boiling water, add to melted butter mixture, stir into dry ingredients. Take teaspoonfuls of mixture and place on lightly greased oven trays: allow room for spreading. Cook in slow (150degres) oven for 20 mins. Loosen while warm, then cool on trays.


But instead I will send them to my beautiful sister's tomorrow with our children as we head off to work and she tackles another day of vacation swimming lessons with my two and her four..

A good cause me thinks!

2 comments:

  1. The sister totally agree's LOL.. Looking forward to them.. see you in the am..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame I am working looks like a great morning tea at Merrans tomorrow!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...