Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Welcome to the street..

I did something that was strangely out of my comfort zone yet something I felt compelled to do......

Bake some muffins and take them warm over to the new family that moved in next door to us.

Since when has welcoming someone new into the neighborhood become such a hard thing to do....I had so many what if's...
what if they had food allergies, what if they were suspicious of my intentions, what if they just thought I was plain overly nosey......

Well gladly acting on my compulsion to just be an old fashioned neighbor,  I met with none of the above what if's......instead I  met the loveliest of ladies, met her 9 month old and found out that they were even keen to have a ready made babysitter living next door ( score for Meg) .

I knew that if I didn't pop over briefly in the first few days it could become awkward to make the move.

Have you ever wandered over with home baked goodies to welcome a neighbour....was it a good experience?

I should share my very quick and delicious muffin recipe with you just in case the need ever arises to share them with your neighbours.


 2 cups of self raising flour
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of oil
1 tsp of vanilla Essence
2 eggs
1 cup of choc chips
1 cup of frozen berries

Mix dry ingredients together
Mix wet ingredients together

Mix wet and dry together

Bake in oven for approx 15 mins
 

6 comments:

  1. Good on you! It is a shame that being neighbourly isn't as common sati once was. Glad you had a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go you - so lovely! Totally get you on how nerve-wracking it can be! Yay for it being a win-win-win :) We did a cookie drop to our whole street earlier this year and it was a wonderful experience - alot to be said for getting out of our comfort zones! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely thing to do Bron! There should be more of it!
    Since when did we start to feel awkward about being kind and friendly to people?!
    Sometimes I ponder saying hello to people I pass on the street (due to some of the reactions I've had!) Crazy!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so cool! My grandmother taught us to do that when we were small. I think you have made a new friend next door...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so lovely, tasty treats are always so well received I find. But it is a very special person who is thoughtful enough to do that for someone they don't yet know. Looking forward to visiting you here more often Bron :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your neighbours would have loved this thoughtful gift that you made them Bron and I know I would feel so much kindness to have received something like that:) Thank you for the yummy recipe too:) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...