Monday, August 25, 2014

Distracted

{ Life can feel like my lounge room after a Lego playing session}


I have been doing a lot of thinking lately......

This year feels like it has been full of distractions.....

I have been distracted from some of the things I wanted to do well this year......

Read more books, be consistent in this space, be less grumpy with my kids, encourage less screen time for my boy, spend more time cultivating meaningful friendships, being there for my sisters and helping with their families, keeping house and good food on the table, being so much more organised at work, leading the teams I do, lots more super quality time with my gorgeous man.....

But I feel I have let myself be distracted...

I have let busyness get in the way...

Laziness to settle in......

The expectations of others to overwhelm me...

Let my strong roots come loose,

I have taken the path of least resistance too many times,

and yet fought battles I should have let go.....

Life at times has felt chaotic and retreating to the quiet, feeling like the only option,

Over scheduling and trying to be everywhere at once 

At times the urge to pack us all up and start again somewhere new and exciting is strong....

yet the pull of familiarity is equally as strong.

I have spent time reading how to quell the "chatterbox going on in my head" and listened today to Pastor Steven Furtick on how we can stop distractions squeezing the life out of us.

The year is not over and I know I don't need a 1st of January to make a change.....I can do very little about what I think is going to happen, what is happening around me out of my control or outside of my sphere of influence.....I can however remember I am in the place I am for such a time as this...make the most of opportunities, love my kids and my man as much as I can, be generous and keep counting the goodness that my life has going on right in this moment.....

Tomorrow will take care of itself and I will hopefully have what it takes to tackle it head on.....

{I can't imagine how much more out of control my head space would be if I allowed myself a Facebook or Instagram account......!}

4 comments:

  1. Bron, sounds like your insides are a jumble (can relate!!)... sending you lots of steady happy calm and more of what you need and want thoughts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember Bron, you can't do everything!
    (sounds like you do a damn good job of trying to though) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a couple of good quotes up on noticeboards around my home town that I am trying to download into myself....you might find them relevant them too. "What you say no to defines you." "Most people overvalue what they can't do and undervalue what they can do."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just caught up on a few of your posts and sounds like you have been battling in life a bit. I don't have any words of wisdom but just know most of us have been there at some stage and that often it's only because we are putting unrealistic expectations on ourselves or embracing what we think are the expectations of others. I know our lives have been tipped upside down in recent months and I hold on to taking some time out for myself amongst the chaos of life....I suggest you try and do the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...