Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 1 in Singapore

We arrived in the early evening and once we had got our head around our hotel we set off to find some food in Chinatown...

Chili crab was on the must have list....


Derek savored every last mouthful ...I enjoyed the morsels that he extracted and passed over to me so I could avoid the mess!


There was a distinct smell that filled air as we wandered and Derek recognised it from living in Malaysia as a small child.....
Durian Fruit....
We tasted for old times sake...HMMMMM- I can see why they are a banned item to have in taxis, or enclosed premises....they stank and the taste wasn't much better...the locals just love them.



Our first night wasn't complete without a night time swim in the infinity pool...OMG it was mind blowing to be so high and see so much. The evening was so warm and still and hardly anyone around so late at night........

2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine being in a building like that and in a pool so high off the ground. It must seem so unreal to see the city from a pool like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love Singapore. I went many many times as a child, so when we moved to Darwin the smell, OMG, that tropical warm afternoon rain smell, it was like Singapore to me. We have taken the children twice, they love it too, the food, zoo, swimming, weather, Santosa Island, plus a nice stop over on the way to HK Disneyland. Have a blast & eat up a storm of that seriously multicultural feast, love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...