Tuesday, October 16, 2012

All in the can....

Well we are off and running into the last term of the 2012 school year.....

Yes we had grumbling,  we had slowness this morning and yes the little guy did remind me that he wasn't actually going today.....

That was until I found some bargaining power....

in this little can of colour.......  


You see I remembered that tomorrow is sports carnival day.....

a day that he has been excited about for ages....

so I used that to my advantage.....

He wanted nothing more than for me to be there..... so...

 the promise of a day off work and the purchase of some blue colour for his hair and we had a bargain.....

phew....

Hopefully momentum will kick in and we can get through the last 8 weeks of year two and year eight.....eeek how did that happen?

Do you use  bribery  persuasive techniques with you kids....???

5 comments:

  1. Hello Bron, The things that Mom's do . . . and the many ways they create wonderful memories with their children. I am sure that you and your son are going to have a marvelous sports carnival day!
    Please take photos :)

    Yes, my door make-over idea was a simple one, but . . . I won't know why it told me so long to get it. I guess I always just had new doors in mind. It takes giving up one thought or idea, in order to come up with a plan B. This project was my plan B, LOL. But, I am very happy with the results :)
    Have a great week,. Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for the persuasive methods for kids. It works well for the big boy here, but will see later on with the other. Sometimes it's just necessary! Looking forward to hearing how he went in the carnival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah yeah we have lots of cans of hairspray in a variety of colours!! Any excuse to use it my boy will! (dress up days...special days etc). And yes... I totally use bribery with my kids... :) ((um..is that wrong? lol) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thanks for the hello Bron. The funny thing is I was born in WA and lived there til I was 9! so it would be an interesting return!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew that was a close one Bron lucky you had that up your sleeve:) It is hard to motivate children sometimes and a little extra help never hurts:) It's hard to believe that the year is almost over and I hear what you are saying when did they get that big!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...