Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hayley's Date Slice



Some of the most delicious and easiest sweet treat recipes I bake over and over come as a result of playgroup morning tea.
Running three sessions a week that can be a lot of morning tea treats in a week. The mum's volunteer to bring something simple to share with the other mums....oh and a lot of the kids get to nibble as well.

So my latest treat came from "Hayley"  know here as "Hayley's Date Slice"

375g dates
2/3 cup castor sugar
1pkt Marie biscuits or something suitable for crushing
250g butter
1 egg
coconut to sprinkle on the bottom of the pan.

Line 20-30cm tin with baking paper and sprinkle coconut over the paper.
Melt butter and sugar.
Add dates and cook until they are "jammy"
Take off the heat to cool slightly then stir in the egg.
Crush the biscuits and stir into the mixture.
Spread and press mixture into the baking tin and refrigerate.

Oh it is delicious and I can say I have eaten my fair share of this batch. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bron,
    Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far. Ohhhh, that slice just looks too delicious to resist!
    I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
    We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    Take care,
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...