Monday, December 3, 2012

Advents,Cards and a Special Visitor..

 
The advent calender is out.....so many fabulous idea floating around  for handmade ones...as much as I love the idea...my time just hasn't stretched that far. So out we pull our sturdy, not a choclate in sight one that both the kids still love. 
This year we have added something else to each day....found here as shared by Emma 
 

Received our first Christmas card in the mail today.....an Aunty who's card is the first most years to arrive.....my prompt to get writing and take the annual family photo to go inside....yes I still prefer the snail mail kinda card.
 
 
 I was so excited today to find that our visitor had finally arrived...a couple of days late but here safe and sound....I will be sure to share any adventures we have with him.


Don't forget my giveaway..... 


Kat's question of the day  (actually a Curlypops question)

Living life on a transplant waiting list gives you lots of reasons to reflect on what you've achieved in your life, and what you wish for the future.

Imagine a scenario where you only had one year left to live. What is one thing that you really wish to do that you just haven't had the chance to accomplish yet?


I would like to add:
what steps could you take (however small) to ensure that you accomplish this thing in 2013?

This is a tricky one...I don't set too many goals in life...a bit of a "bumbler" I think.
Travel???  maybe..we have talked about heading to France to see the Tour....
Hone my sewing skills....possibly......
Open a bookstore.....a pipe dream....

Not sure what the answer is really.....   

5 comments:

  1. I do love seeing all of the different advent calendars out there, those chocolate ones are so nice. We have a paper one with little activities in there each day and a lolly to eat as well of course:) The girls really enjoy this calendar the most, they can't wait to see what we'll be doing each day. That looks like a pretty Christmas card, I must get mine in the mail this week too, thanks for reminding me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous advent calendar! And have fun with your elf - our Fernando arrived on the 30th, which was impeccable timing, really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute advent calendar. Never had one when I was a kid! Didn't know what they were I don't think! lol

    I like the elf! Just checked out the website. They are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute elf...I bet he will have many adventures at your place.
    I love your advent calendar too, it must hold many memories for you guys.
    Hmm, that question is a tough one. My brother in law is on a transplant list and while we feel tremendously for him it's so hard to think of one's self in that position.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are patiently waiting for our visitor to arrive, stupid international postage service!! Hope he gets here soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...