Thursday, January 28, 2016

Time to give back


I have this theory that in every one of us we have a space that can only be fulfilled by volunteering......giving extra of ourselves to benefit others....

Well OK I know this is true for myself anyway. Over my lifetime I have always volunteered in some way...mostly through my local church. I have helped with community events,in the nursery, joined a team to help those who are less fortunate, put my hand up to just about try anything.

Up until just recently I have always found something or someone who is desperate for extra hands...We have had a shift in that part of our life and even in the short few weeks of this change I am missing exercising my "volunteering muscle".

That is until I discovered a new little shop open not far from home.....
The "Wishing you Well Store".    
Today I headed down and have offered my services for a bit of time each week. This is two fold for me....getting that "volunteering muscle" working and giving back to a charity that we so generously benefited from back in 2002.*

Make a Wish granted our Taylor a wish.....her fairy garden.....After all this time I think the timing is perfect for me to reconnect with some of those lovely people and also give a little back to volunteer in this new venture of theirs.

So it is win for them...and win for me...although my love for op shopping could land me in trouble as I headed home with a few treasures today.

Do you exercise your "Volunteer muscle" anywhere 

*{I really must show you the wish we were granted....it was so fantastic for our Taylor}

3 comments:

  1. So awesome. Keep an eye out for a bargain for me 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's terrific! What a great idea. Good luck in your new volunteer work. & yes, I would love to see Taylor's wish that was granted. We don't have make a wish op shops here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! If you don't exercise that volunteer muscle it will nag at you until you do lol I am so happy that you found the perfect place to do that. Sometimes op shop treasures are too fun to pass up xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...