Friday, February 28, 2014

Things I am Loving...


 This week.....

Baking old fashioned Easy Coconut Macaroons...recipe found here....

  At least the tomatoes are loving our heat wave.....

 Gifted cherry tomatoes to me.......and gifting a dozen eggs to someone else from our overflow ...

 Spontaneously buying myself some flowers to brighten the house......

 The new read on my bedside table....
 A gift for the family made by Meg in her Childcare class.....

.....a gift to represent family.....

 Opening up a bank account for the guy today so he can participate in banking at school....an institute that has been around since I was his age taking my coins to bank at school....oh and the cool money box the bank gave him....
 My new thrifted $1 skirt....and I didn't even go in the store...just dropping things off and it was hanging outside the store.....had to be mine.....
 Baking this Simple Chocolate slice which Catherine posted from here...I am hoping there is some left for our planned family picnic tomorrow....
 The latest drawing by the guy  that have made the way to the wall for display...
We are heading into a long weekend here in Western Australia....it is going to be a hot one.....a few plans made but hopefully making the most of an extra down day.....

Hope yours is a good one too..

Joining in with Meghan and Things I am Loving.

7 comments:

  1. OK, I need to know about this Childcare class at school! Interesting!

    Love the look of cake but not coconut things! lol

    What a beautiful picture Fraser. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mum used to make those coconut macaroons and the chocolate slice too - hundreds and thousands et al. Your tomatoes are looking lovely and healthy Bron, but I'm hanging out for a change in the weather. It's meant to be Autumn now, isn't it?!
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do school banking here too. I remember the square tin building money boxes from back in the day. Loved playing with them on my Nan's dresser.

    Book Thief - I lobe the opening - colours are used so well,I've the narration too. Will be interested to know what you think about the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos … enjoy your long weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. you had me at Macaroons! Hope you had a great long weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw this is such an awesome list of loves - we've just come back from a long weekend away with a whole ice cream container of cherry tomatoes. I SO want to read The Book Thief - still waiting on the reserves list at the library ....sigh! And that's a very cute piggy bank platypus :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bron I love your new camera you take such great pictures with it! I love to see that a school is teaching about money saving and not just math! Must be a very good school!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...